why was big eye not hit in the TCG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by Vista on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Like why was it not in the banlist for us?? The dragon rulers are splaashable and big eye is easy to make. Also in mrlanteans have abyssteus megalo abysslead etc all they lost was a bit of search power and diva
avatar
Vista
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 118
Contribution : 150
Reputation : 5
Warning : 2nd Warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by fluffytots on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 pm

It was hit, it's going to 1 ._.



SPA's Phantom 6th Man

I am a phantom, one minute I am there, the next I am gone. You cannot see me, or even know I was there. That is the sign of a phantom.
avatar
fluffytots
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 186
Contribution : 247
Reputation : 3
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by Vista on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:16 pm

That's in the OCG we have a different list
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html
avatar
Vista
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 118
Contribution : 150
Reputation : 5
Warning : 2nd Warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by fluffytots on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Well they limited it, and then brought it back to 3 ._. Ugh konami...



SPA's Phantom 6th Man

I am a phantom, one minute I am there, the next I am gone. You cannot see me, or even know I was there. That is the sign of a phantom.
avatar
fluffytots
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 186
Contribution : 247
Reputation : 3
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by psychoturtle on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Konami wants mermails to be good in TCG forever.
avatar
psychoturtle
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 51
Contribution : 55
Reputation : 0
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by D.D. Eatos on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Search power makes alot of difference especially since it would mean, Mermails will lose alot of hand advantage, so all in all, its would be a dumb idea to go for big eye, when you can go for Gaios instead.


XDA Staff Teacher

Junior Graphics and Rulings Advocate
avatar
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Posts : 194
Contribution : 308
Reputation : 18
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by psychoturtle on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:08 pm

D.D. Eatos wrote:Search power makes alot of difference especially since it would mean, Mermails will lose alot of hand advantage, so all in all, its would be a dumb idea to go for big eye, when you can go for Gaios instead.
Played vs Mermails before and Big Eye won them a game. Big eye is a Change of Heart on crack and konami is trippin on shrooms for keeping at 3
avatar
psychoturtle
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 51
Contribution : 55
Reputation : 0
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by fluffytots on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Btw, this is wrong place, moving.



SPA's Phantom 6th Man

I am a phantom, one minute I am there, the next I am gone. You cannot see me, or even know I was there. That is the sign of a phantom.
avatar
fluffytots
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 186
Contribution : 247
Reputation : 3
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by NerfMkplz on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Mist games its just better to go gaios. Especially sice rulers is still a deck. Big eye is only there to punish for not having backup ans throwing a boss monster on the field.


 # I am so clutch
XDA Teacher
XDA Tester
avatar
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 189
Contribution : 274
Reputation : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by Neveragainbro on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:10 am

Because mermails have been becoming less and less of a problem especially with diva and dragoons pretty much useless. Also, because they punished dragons enough. I myself would never bring myself to play a deck such as dragons, but it's safe to say that with the babies, card destruction, rejuvenation, and heavy storm gone with gold sarc to 1....they aren't really a thing. No reasons to hate on big eye THAT much.
avatar
Neveragainbro
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Posts : 2
Contribution : 2
Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by D.D. Eatos on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 am

psychoturtle wrote:
D.D. Eatos wrote:Search power makes alot of difference especially since it would mean, Mermails will lose alot of hand advantage, so all in all, its would be a dumb idea to go for big eye, when you can go for Gaios instead.
Played vs Mermails before and Big Eye won them a game. Big eye is a Change of Heart on crack and konami is trippin on shrooms for keeping at 3
You are also implaying that this is BEFORE the new banlist. Before they have triple Dragoons and Diva, which allows them to keep a good hand while going to powerful Rank 7's. Now that Dragoons and Diva are being put down, we can only see.


XDA Staff Teacher

Junior Graphics and Rulings Advocate
avatar
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Posts : 194
Contribution : 308
Reputation : 18
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by Rakhalix on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:46 am

Konami.......


Meet my pet....... The Galaxy - Eyes Tachyon Dragon!!!.

The Galaxy - Eyes User, Rakhalix The Dragon Tamer!!!.
avatar
Rakhalix
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Posts : 159
Contribution : 177
Reputation : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by Vista on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:00 am

Whos main deck is merms ik there is someone get
them to test

avatar
Vista
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 118
Contribution : 150
Reputation : 5
Warning : 2nd Warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by NerfMkplz on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:32 am

sj91213 wrote:Whos main deck is merms ik there is someone get
them to test

I play mermails....


 # I am so clutch
XDA Teacher
XDA Tester
avatar
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 189
Contribution : 274
Reputation : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by Vista on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:56 am

When theformat begins test with your merms to see if big eye is the best option to go for in situations

avatar
Vista
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 118
Contribution : 150
Reputation : 5
Warning : 2nd Warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by NerfMkplz on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm

sj91213 wrote:When theformat begins test with your merms to see if big eye is the best option to go for in situations

Its not. Gaios is usually more optimal than big eye. Big eye is to get over huge monster threats like Dragon rulers and sack, six sams Shi En, and to punish you for making a move and not covering it. Gaios is good for nearly all the matchups and especially in the mirror match.


 # I am so clutch
XDA Teacher
XDA Tester
avatar
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 189
Contribution : 274
Reputation : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by D.D. Eatos on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 pm

NerfMkplz wrote:
sj91213 wrote:When theformat begins test with your merms to see if big eye is the best option to go for in situations

Its not. Gaios is usually more optimal than big eye. Big eye is to get over huge monster threats like Dragon rulers and sack, six sams Shi En, and to punish you for making a move and not covering it. Gaios is good for nearly all the matchups and especially in the mirror match.
But thats the March 2013 Format, we are talking about the new one. Mermail's arent afraid of SIx Sams, and Dragons already lost their children and search card so they have been slowed down already. If you want to go for big eye fine, but it is more effective if you went for Gaios, just saying.


XDA Staff Teacher

Junior Graphics and Rulings Advocate
avatar
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Posts : 194
Contribution : 308
Reputation : 18
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by NerfMkplz on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:56 pm

D.D. Eatos wrote:
NerfMkplz wrote:
sj91213 wrote:When theformat begins test with your merms to see if big eye is the best option to go for in situations

Its not. Gaios is usually more optimal than big eye. Big eye is to get over huge monster threats like Dragon rulers and sack, six sams Shi En, and to punish you for making a move and not covering it. Gaios is good for nearly all the matchups and especially in the mirror match.
But thats the March 2013 Format, we are talking about the new one. Mermail's arent afraid of SIx Sams, and Dragons already lost their children and search card so they have been slowed down already. If you want to go for big eye fine, but it is more effective if you went for Gaios, just saying.
I know but testing for pre sept dragons is still a deck. Gaios is mainly a good option but for cards loke scrap u might as well just big eye. I know mermails hae nothing to fear against sams. I was just saying if you do just take shi en with big eye. Better to use that card and get free negates.


 # I am so clutch
XDA Teacher
XDA Tester
avatar
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 189
Contribution : 274
Reputation : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by D.D. Eatos on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:01 pm

NerfMkplz wrote:
D.D. Eatos wrote:
NerfMkplz wrote:
sj91213 wrote:When theformat begins test with your merms to see if big eye is the best option to go for in situations

Its not. Gaios is usually more optimal than big eye. Big eye is to get over huge monster threats like Dragon rulers and sack, six sams Shi En, and to punish you for making a move and not covering it. Gaios is good for nearly all the matchups and especially in the mirror match.
But thats the March 2013 Format, we are talking about the new one. Mermail's arent afraid of SIx Sams, and Dragons already lost their children and search card so they have been slowed down already. If you want to go for big eye fine, but it is more effective if you went for Gaios, just saying.
I know but testing for pre sept dragons is still a deck. Gaios is mainly a good option but for cards loke scrap u might as well just big eye. I know mermails hae nothing to fear against sams. I was just saying if you do just take shi en with big eye. Better to use that card and get free negates.
Well Big Eye isnt safe to Scrap Dragon especially with MORE attack than it. Whatever man, there are alot of decks that can make easy work with Shi En. If youre THAT afraid of six sams.


XDA Staff Teacher

Junior Graphics and Rulings Advocate
avatar
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Posts : 194
Contribution : 308
Reputation : 18
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by NerfMkplz on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:15 pm

D.D. Eatos wrote:
NerfMkplz wrote:
D.D. Eatos wrote:
NerfMkplz wrote:
sj91213 wrote:When theformat begins test with your merms to see if big eye is the best option to go for in situations

Its not. Gaios is usually more optimal than big eye. Big eye is to get over huge monster threats like Dragon rulers and sack, six sams Shi En, and to punish you for making a move and not covering it. Gaios is good for nearly all the matchups and especially in the mirror match.
But thats the March 2013 Format, we are talking about the new one. Mermail's arent afraid of SIx Sams, and Dragons already lost their children and search card so they have been slowed down already. If you want to go for big eye fine, but it is more effective if you went for Gaios, just saying.
I know but testing for pre sept dragons is still a deck. Gaios is mainly a good option but for cards loke scrap u might as well just big eye. I know mermails hae nothing to fear against sams. I was just saying if you do just take shi en with big eye. Better to use that card and get free negates.
Well Big Eye isnt safe to Scrap Dragon especially with MORE attack than it. Whatever man, there are alot of decks that can make easy work with Shi En. If youre THAT afraid of six sams.
what are you talking about? XD if you have a chance to rabk 7 big eye is a better play than gaios in that situation. Gaios u have no option but to suicide. Dragosack is an even better play than big eye. The discussion is between big eye vs gaios. What does this have to do with being scared of sams? Why wouldn't you big eye shien, when they lose if you get rid of the card? Why would gaios instead of take it?


 # I am so clutch
XDA Teacher
XDA Tester
avatar
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Posts : 189
Contribution : 274
Reputation : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: why was big eye not hit in the TCG

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum