What I'd Personally Like to See

Go down

What I'd Personally Like to See

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 am

Now before anyone cries butthurt over anything this isn't Pojo, I will not allow you to randomly scream "This is bad!!!!" unless you give me a reason why. Seriously. I hate that.

BANNED:

Return from the Different Dimension.
No one should have a problem with this.

Infernity Launcher
This card would be way too powerful in the meta I'm trying to create as it would instantly lead to a game ender turn 1 by an insane amount of setup. It's outstayed it's welcome.

Royal Decree
This is a hit most of you will call me crazy over but seriously? A forever-safe card? Any deck that can use this will and it makes siding versus them not worth the effort since they will just negate it, not to mention it creates unfair advantage when Heavy is Banned by shutting down something in nearly everyone's deck. Byebye.

Limited:

Time Lock
This card actually sucks. I play hardcore Anti-Meta and I know I wouldn't use it, even at 3. If I PLAY it that means I have to draw it, which also means I had better be at a major advantage or I would have drawn something to save me. Card sucks, people who think "Time Lock!!" yeah you're bad.

Thousand-Eyes Restrict
I was going to put him to 3 but he's so cool looking I figured I'd leave him at 1. Does anyone really care if a card with horrible summoning conditions and no chance of surviving the current game comes back?

Sangan
Don't mention the Tour Guide engine-- he isn't banworthy. The Tour Guide engine is an inconsistent waste of 3-4 slots in your deck and with the majority of cards already searchable just let lower tier decks have something for once.

Solemn Judgment
It's always live, I know, but it's not really that scary and it helps stop someone from stealing a win from you. I also see Solemn as a very skill-based card as a new player would manage to fail to see a bluff and waste life points on the wrong card.

Dragged Down to the Grave
Comes with a condition: No one may ever **** about Dark Worlds again.

Skill Drain
This card promotes degeneracy and it personally only makes decks with more than enough support twice as annoying.

Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
I shouldn't need to explain.

Abyss-Sphere
Should not need to explain.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
You mean I put this guy to 1 AND unlimited Shock Master!?!!!??!?!?!?
Shut up, Magician is still at 1. Fun fact, the Shock Master combos I knew of all needed 2-3 Magician each.

Infestation Pandemic
This is a rather interesting hit to Evilswarms that I like. They get a free pass versus backrow in a backrow heavy format, leading to anything wanting to Special Summon above 5 still unfair. I know many want to hit Ophion but I'm not going to look in those eyes and say "Your deck is not allowed to exist" over "You're not immune to Spell and Traps". Forcing them to beat up Ophion without being able to use Monster isn't fair, so hitting Pandemic seems like a good idea.

Semi-Limited:

Mermail Abyssteus
I don't think Diva, Teus, Sphere, AND Dragoons all should be limited but this card shouldn't be at 3. He's the least OP of them all.

Shien's Smoke Signal
I'm putting ROTA to 2, so to keep Sams from having too much I put this to 2.

Reinforcement of the Army
Warrior decks could all use the boost right now.

Soul Drain
Grave-abuse isn't stoppable with decks where people can't run Macro or Fissure.

Gladiator Beast Bestiari
If you tell me this is too OP I will literally hate you forever. Glads will still suck.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Bounce back a problem card. He's perfectly fine seeing how few decks it could be used against and how many it could be ran in.

Lonefire Blossom
inb4 whining about the plant engine. Nah, plants need this.

Macro Cosmos
Dimension Fissure
These two did not deserve to die like they did. Decks that run these are usually a very Anti-Metaish style of playing and honestly, seeing the "it wins games by itself!" excuse it hilarious because that only happens if you're playing something needing the graveyard and having no MST ect to pop Macro/Fissure. It's not as broken as people would think. I would know, I played 3 last format and it never won me any games.

Compulsory Evacuation Device

Not very OP, can go to 2. I thought it promoted some skill seeing how people used it so wildly and lost because of it.

Unlimited:

Magic Stone Excavation
Card won't see play.

Chaos Sorcerer
Chaos Sorcerer isn't really OP. BLS is, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

Primal Seed
I POSTED THIS SUGGESTION ON POJO ONCE AND THEY ALL FLIPPED THEIR **** OVER A 5-CARD OTK AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

Reasoning
Card is not good.

T.G. Striker
It was limited due to Striker + Venus being a Trishula.. but I mean Trishula is banned and the combo is hard to do late game since you likely used a Venus already so Mist Wurm is out of the picture. . .

Summoner Monk
You know he got Semi-Limited for shenanigans in Synchro Cat and they only used 2 copies of him. ffs.

Number 16: Shock Master
It doesn't need to be banned, it really doesn't. I'm iffy about this card too but my logic told me Gadgets and Wind-Ups are the only ones who can break this card and that isn't happening.

Decree stays banned if Imperial Order stays banned. It seems like a stupid comparison but TRAP STUN exists. Decree is just not fair.

Last edited by ! Prince on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Spoiler:

www.youtube.com/user/ThoughtsEND
Thought and I have a youtube.
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: What I'd Personally Like to See

Post by Angelic One on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:26 am

Could you maybe provide us the reasons why you think they should be adjusted like that in the banlist?

~XDA Administrator~
Executive Administrator of Talent Relations

Ask Me Anything! Click Me!
Testimonial of my Hard Work!
Spoiler:
Angelic One
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 am

I'll do that tomorrow, I just gotta go to sleep now.

Spoiler:

~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Edgeworth on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 am

sangan will never come back NEVER... to many players with it.. and its a target for tour guide if u want to use it like that.. becase even though tour guide states that the effects are negated on the field ( u still get to use sangan effect- if u havent overlayed it for a xyz monster sinse tourguide specifically says field)

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/192/a/1/mlp__friendship_is_magic_fan_button__edited__by_requestbuttons-d5u7ux4.png
Miles Edgeworth
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 905

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:31 am

Yes but guess what? You have to run an absolutely garbage engine in order to make Sangan abuseable. And what are you going to search? That Rescue Rabbit? Sure, go ahead! I don't think anyone cares-- they didn't want Sangan banned when Tour Guide was at 3 and they didn't want him banned when Tour Guide was at 2.

updated with reasoning

Spoiler:

~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:30 pm

if by time lock you mean time seal...
that card can go to 7... lol
its a slower drop off

XDA Moderator | XDA Tester

Spoiler:

ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:18 pm

ikr. people think it's super broken

Spoiler:

~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 pm

! Prince wrote:ikr. people think it's super broken
its to slow
when i made my banlist prediction many people were saying i was a noob for saying time seal can go to 3... i always said " THE CARD IS JUST A SLOW DROP OFF"

XDA Moderator | XDA Tester

Spoiler:

ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:41 pm

people are nerds.

Spoiler: