ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: fire fists

Post by Zykan on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Wolfbark is a great card in 4-axis fire fist...
You should decide which type of Fire Fist deck you would like to run.

3-axis is great for overwhelming your oppenent, 4-axis is better at control.

Since you played Prophecy before, I would recommend going for a 4-axis build, in which case yes you should be running 3 Wolfbark lol.

You should put together a deck yourself, and then post it here, I am sure we can totally get the kinks out of your build o.o

Zykan
Judge
Judge

Contribution : 558

http://crypticshaiya.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Zykan wrote:Wolfbark is a great card in 4-axis fire fist...
You should decide which type of Fire Fist deck you would like to run.

3-axis is great for overwhelming your oppenent, 4-axis is better at control.

Since you played Prophecy before, I would recommend going for a 4-axis build, in which case yes you should be running 3 Wolfbark lol.

You should put together a deck yourself, and then post it here, I am sure we can totally get the kinks out of your build o.o
since 3 axis is nearly dead people play 3/4 axis now (basicly 4 axis with 1 spirit, 2 leopard, 1 rooster)

XDA Moderator | XDA Tester

Spoiler:

ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:29 pm

That's what I was trying to find Wolf bark

Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:42 pm

a rough idea https://i.imgur.com/Iqw4csV.png

Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Before you make a Fire Fist deck, you gotta decide which variant you wanna play...and yes, it does matter. The different types of Fire Fists have almost completely different playing styles and strategies. The best summary of the Fire Fists I can think of:

3-Axis: Pretty much dead now, it relies heavily on Spirit reviving your Level 3s, Rooster, and Leopard. Has a lot of Synching (with Horse Prince and such), and some Xyzs. But of course, Spirit is down to 1, so this thing is gone...

3.5-Axis: This one is more about versatility, but there are times when it doesn't work because you're just drawing the wrong monster pairs. HOWEVER, when it does work it is absolutely devastating, because you're able to swarm with a variety of monster types: Synchros, Rank 4s, Rank 3s, and overall control with your little Fire Fists (Bear, Gorilla, etc.) This one seems to be the most popular.

4-Axis: I find this SLIGHTLY more consistent than 3.5-Axis (just my opinion, guys, don't bite me) BUT it has less potential. It relies mostly on control rather than pure devastation; keeping the field with beatsticks and protection with Bear and Gorilla boosted up with ATK boosts by Tensen, protected by your regular Mirror Force, Solemn, etc., and have Wolfbark ensure that one does not simply destroy Bear/Gorilla.

It also makes some nice Rank 4 Xyzs; Cardinal, for instance, is a perfect Plan B if your opponent managed to slip past your traps and swarm the field. This is generally what I, personally, like to play. The massive downside is that it has almost 0 chance of you overwhelming your opponents with pure power. However, I'm more of a "control" person myself, not an "aggressive" duelist, and I prefer keeping the field mine so as to enjoy your opponents squirm. It's consistent, simple, and almost ensures that you will always have beatsticks on the field protected by backrow.

Since you're just learning the ropes of Fire Fists, I recommend 4-Axis for now, because they're pretty simple to learn. Once you've got the hang of Fire Fists AND like playing them, I strongly recommend you play 3.5 for competitive games. If you execute it properly, 3.5-Axis can wipe out all other Fire Fist variants without batting an eye...but of course, it's not so easy, it'll take a while.
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Dueling :: Lessons :: Deck Dome

Permissions in this forum: