My Nonmeta Tier List

:: Dueling :: Lessons :: Articles

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Nonmeta Tier List

Post by InfinityX000 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Tier 1

Synchro. Any standard synchro archetype that is normal is very good as far as non-meta goes.

Remember that this does not include the meta synchro decks, such as Fire Fist Synchro.

Xyz. Normal non-meta xyz archetypes are similarly good.

This also doesn't include things like Hieratic.

Tier 2

Timelords. If you want to see this deck in action, DUEL ME.

Aliens. Again, duel me to see them in action. Easily spams fieldafter a little bit of setup.

Synchro +. This is where you add plaguespreader or Emergency Teleport or even Malicious to another build. I have a pretty good Hero Synchro deck.

Infernity. What do I have to say? Can push for game AND control field. But they kind of need both and most decks have mainly monsters or mainly control. Inconsistancy is why they are not t1. The consistant builds have shortages of necessary monsters, such as running only 2 Stygian Street Patrol.

Considering taking this off of list. Too much talk about it being meta.

Chain Beat. Did a bit of research, basically anti-meta. Definitely t2.

Fire Kings. You've seen how annoying Garunix is. Also you can combine them with fire fists. I play an FKFF deck.

Tier 3

Beatdown. With tour guide coming back to 3, an anti-meta deck will work well.

Jurrac. Can synchro and xyz. Can even go into Evolzars. Can possibly get Quasar with Rekindling.

Evol. Overall good deck that can work well with Jurracs. Easily spam field. Only problem is relying heavily on just a few monsters, not too much variety.

Please comment on any deck additions.

Last edited by InfinityX000 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:04 am; edited 5 times in total
InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 50
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: My Nonmeta Tier List

Post by KennyGee on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:09 am

once anjelly comes out madolches will be top~ :3 unfortunetely the price of magiline skyrocketed already TT.TT

^__ ^
(o x o)
( u__u )~~
KennyGee
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:09 am

Fire Fists and Lightsworns still will wreck them. JD will kill all of their xyz monsters and Gorilla I think has good S/T coverage to get rid of ticket and field.
InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyGee on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:43 am

yeah definitely firefist will be on top especially with bear and gorilla, lightsworns will always be broken but JD is not the worry, the worry would be lightrays and such...JD if it comes out by itself there is always roach...where as light trays you can spam the field and they cant keep up with the special summons.  Lightsworns arent exactly a suprise deck and you know what deck they're running from the beginning and so you know to keep your anti-specials close.  but yes madolches wont be able to overcome them either Razz

there is always the possibility of one of the madolche people to be running pudding and when they do...you can always lance jd and destroy him with madolche pudding with another field and empty grave
KennyGee
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 350

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Well...
Lightrays aren't quite as good as JD and you still special summon them. Madolche is the kind of deck that is fairly fast but the duel is based on the speed war.
So I think Tier 2 is good enough for them. I really want a mod or something to come and ask.
What I really want opinions on is what ISN'T there. Any decks left out? Please tell me and I will update the list.

As Grapha once said, "Let it Snoww."
InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip Van Winkle on Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Infernities have won a lotta tournaments in my area and so have aliens so...to be honest I see them as tier 2 and 3 meta and lightsworns get so much use on DN I kinda see them as meta also and firefist...I always lose to 4 axis firefist in war duels so yeah I don't know about meta but it counters me well.

SCREW LOGIC!

Hatsune Miku 4 lyfe <3
Rip Van Winkle
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:23 pm

OK, by meta I mean on the official tier list. When that one gets an update, this gets an update. Alright? And infernities are good but the t1s and t2s are able to do well against meta. T3 is for good decks but they would barely ever beat meta.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro_Williams on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Wow dude this tier list seems incredibly biased. Infernity should easily be tier 1 on this list, as it was able to top in a format dominated by dragons multiple times. Madolches also topped.. Guess what lightsworn variants did absolutely nothing. If we are calling firefist a non meta deck Mermail and Constellars should also be on this list.

Also please post ur infernity deck build, and i will tell u why its so inconsistent.
Pro_Williams
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Wow. Fire Fists are not on the official tier lists. Mermails and constellars are meta. I am updating the list. Infernities get boost to t2. Infernity's problem is that it requires control over the field with ST and monsters. Pretty much all infernity decks have cards mainly on one or the other.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro_Williams on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Give me the link to your tier list. Because fire fist got more tops than mermail and constellars combined last format.
Pro_Williams
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:33 pm

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Yu-Gi-Oh!_Tier_List
This tier list has been updated recently along with mine. This is the official meta tier list.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro_Williams on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Now i see where u are getting your inforomation from. this is the definition of meta i will use Metagame refers to the Deck(s) in current competitive use that are having the greatest success. First off Dragon rulers arent even listed as tier 1. 2nd prophecy is listed as tier 2 when they clearly were dominant and were on the same level as dragon rulers. This tier list is clearly a joke and u should base this list off of something else. here is an outdated one but is still better than the one u r using. http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1147106
Pro_Williams
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro_Williams on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:15 pm

This is also an ok list slightly better than the one previously listed.. http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1145979
Pro_Williams
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Going with the Jan 2014 format right now, Wiki works pretty well. You don't have to agree. It's MY opinion.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:29 pm

And I always stick to the Wikia list. If a dumb deck topped because it got lucky, then would it be meta? I like a solid list for meta. Save your comments about "the wrong tier list" or about "this deck is better." Don't make any comments about a deck being meta without looking at the Wikia list.

Please make comments about decks that should be in a different place on this lst or on/off this list, but justify your opinion well.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Pro_Williams wrote:Now i see where u are getting your inforomation from. this is the definition of meta i will use Metagame refers to the Deck(s) in current competitive use that are having the greatest success. First off Dragon rulers arent even listed as tier 1. 2nd prophecy is listed as tier 2 when they clearly were dominant and were on the same level as dragon rulers. This tier list is clearly a joke and u should base this list off of something else. here is an outdated one but is still better than the one u r using. http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1147106

You were looking off the recently added section, the January section, before the January banlist. SHUT UP if you refuse to pay any attention to logic.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro_Williams on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:31 pm

You noob their is no tier list for january as the format just started how we gonna have a tier list for a format that just started? You obviously dont know what a tier is.

Im done with this thread the title itself is contradicting. Non meta tier list. I simply stated my opinion which this thread is asking for and i get told to shut up. Lol this thread is a joke.
Pro_Williams
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:45 pm

I haven't read any of the other posts in this thread. I just felt the urge to say you cannot have a "non-meta tier list" as as tier list is made up of meta decks.

Spoiler:

www.youtube.com/user/ThoughtsEND
Thought and I have a youtube.
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip Van Winkle on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm

! Prince wrote:I haven't read any of the other posts in this thread. I just felt the urge to say you cannot have a "non-meta tier list" as as tier list is made up of meta decks.
Prince has a good point on this one. For once I actually agree with him.

SCREW LOGIC!

Hatsune Miku 4 lyfe <3
Rip Van Winkle
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm

im a pretty smart guy once people aren't attempting to piss me off

Spoiler:

~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:45 pm

It isn't all meta. I know it sounds wierd but it is a tier list for nonmeta because it is like best deck that isn't known to be the best deck. LOOK AT THE WIKIA LIST!!! I trust Wikia. Alright, I'l take Infernity off. But tht is the oly real meta thing here. Synchro is like Fabled and Quasar Synchrons and such and Xyz is GaGaGa and Heraldic Beasts and such. When you think about it this way, there really isn't much meta. I don't even consider Infernity meta.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 pm

If you want a non-tier list I'm gonna be the first to say Chain Beat wrecks all those decks' cookies.

Spoiler:

~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Well, I'll belive you if I get like a screenshot of list and maybe a victory.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:31 pm

InfinityX000 wrote:And I always stick to the Wikia list. If a dumb deck topped because it got lucky, then would it be meta? I like a solid list for meta. Save your comments about "the wrong tier list" or about "this deck is better." Don't make any comments about a deck being meta without looking at the Wikia list.

Please...don't torture me like this. Don't. You're telling me Noble Knights, a deck I am currently 4-0 against with friends, and have not ONCE seen in Rated (I'm dead serious, not once), is better than Mermails, better than Infernities, better than Blackwings, better than Dark Worlds, and better than Lightsworn? Please, spare me the agony of you trying to argue that point, I'd rather drag myself through hell while listening to the Devil chant curses at me in Arabic than watch you do that.

For Prince, trust me, I can vouch for his Chain Beat. They scare me more than Dragon Rulers in the March 2013 format. .-.

Head Moderator of XDA and duelist extraordinaire
Gaze long into the abyss, and the abyss will gaze into you. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

OFA luvs me.
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:52 am

Noble Knights are just the new Evilswarms, which can be countered, but are very annoying to creative decks. I'll put Chain Beat at tier 2.

InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next