[Obelisk HW]Why is this card banned

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Obelisk HW]Why is this card banned

Post by Dazo on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Here want some ez homework? Want some ez DP? Well you came to the right place. If your obelisk that is. I need you to explain why the following cards are banned(minimum of 3 reasons), why they can/can't come back this format?

For each card you reply too, you get 50DP for the next 24 hours, then 25DP until the 30th. You can do more then one card. Also feel free to start a debate on why a certain card can or can't come back, this is what I'm trying to get at.

Here are the cards you can chose from.

Monsters
E-Hero Stratos, DMOC, D-Hero Disk Commander, Mind Master, Magical Scientist, Sangan, Tribe-Infecting Virus, Thousand-Eyes Restrict, Victory Dragon

Spells
Dimension Fusion, Super Rejuvenation, Last Will, Mirage of Nightmare

Traps
Trap Dustshoot

Dazo
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 348

Back to top Go down

Re: [Obelisk HW]Why is this card banned

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Magical Scientist - The OTK
Dimension Fusion- The amount of plays i dont even
Mirage of nightmare- Draw 4 get Rid of it keep the 4 no discard
Super Rejuvenation - the draw power u can get off the card is BEYOND broken and shud never come back

AdamTheTopGunDemamp
Event Manager
Event Manager

Contribution : 64
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:04 pm

AdamTheTopGunDemamp wrote:Magical Scientist - The OTK
Dimension Fusion- The amount of plays i dont even
Mirage of nightmare- Draw 4 get Rid of it keep the 4 no discard
Super Rejuvenation - the draw power u can get off the card is BEYOND broken and shud never come back

Demamp camp plz, explain what about them like put effort into this, otherwise it hurts my feels ;~;

Dazo
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 348

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamTheTopGunDemamp on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Oh god that is tiering at demamp camp we promote lazyness il just leave my comment as a tip for others then XD
AdamTheTopGunDemamp
Event Manager
Event Manager

Contribution : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Zykan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Victory Dragon: Gimmick Match win conditions are banned on release always (not game win, but match win) as it has the potential to "cheese" an opponent while removing the side-decking component of duels determined by the gimmick. Not really a card that should be on this imo, but oh well lol

Zykan
Judge
Judge

Contribution : 558

http://crypticshaiya.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixofpain on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Victory Dragon: The card is banned because in a tournament the card will let you win the Match, not the game, the match. I could be losing 0-1 but if i manage to win the duel using victory dragon I automatically get my record 2-1 and my record goes up. Not healthy for competitive play and its too easy to get out.

Magical Scientiest: In some senses it is a better version of cyber stein. Though the level of fusion monsters you can summon is lower and they return at the end of the turn, you only pay 1000 and it can be activated multiple times for the otk. The reson it was banned in the first place was its otk potential with catapult turtle. While we have more ways to deal with it, i don't think it should come back at all. Imagine all the xyz and synchro plays decks could make with this card and the fact that even though last will is banned, it can still do just as good of an otk if not more now that newer cards and concepts were introduced.

Super Rejuvenation: Well this card was always a "slightly" unfair card, i mean at first it wasn't too bad as there was a limit to how many times you would probably tribute and discard per turn and really imo was only good for exodia decks. But when hieratics came out it took the concept of tributes to a whole new level. Granted this card wasn't used much at first in hieratics, the fact is the decks average attempt at otk plays requires at least 3-4 tributes to do. So even though you used your entire hand ( or most of it) for a good board you could pretty much get it back. And god forbid you managed to draw into another one during that end phase. Still the card really wasn't given much though till the introduction of Dragon rulers and their babies. That format was terrible. All the rulers and their babies and rejuvenation were at 3. The rulers discarded so much that you could easily draw like 6-8 cards off of one rejuvenation. For hieratic Rulers the draws were easily 4-7 from one rejuvenation. And like i stated earlier, it was at 3 during the time. Obviously the rulers and rejuvenation all eventually got banned and for good reasons. I don't think the card should come back ever, but if it did it should be limited due to the fact that Dragons aren't really a thing now and the only deck (currently) that could successfully use rejuvenation is hieratics.

Tribe infecting virus: I think of essentially a raigeki that can be used multiple times, easy to get out and search, can be sided/mained for pretty much any deck, can be devastating to arch-types that have only 1 type, and the discard effect can be used for the advantage of many decks like mermails and fabled or decks that rely on being sent to the graveyard. I don' t think the card should come back at all.

Mirage Nightmare: Essentially you draw 4 and if you get rid of the card before your next standby phase using mst or better yet Gravelstone to bounce it back to your hand, then you get to keep the 4 and not discard. Now and days with even more ways to abuse this effect with cards like pleides, mst, storm, and certain decks taking the discarding effect to its advantage: burning abyss, dark worlds, and any deck that likes cards being sent to the grave. This card definitely should stay where it is.

Trap Dust Shoot: Well for one thing you get a free look at your opponents hand and can return a monster from their hand to the deck, disrupts strategies and can give a player a completely unfair advantage, The card also combos with mind crush way too well. All in all the card should not come back.

phoenixofpain
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyataria on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:42 am

Nobody mentioned this and its been a little while I wanted to point out, one of the big problems with Victory Dragon is rulings-wise. The problem is realizing my opponent is about to win with victory dragon and immediately scooping, instead of letting them attack and win the match. There is this terrible question of can they force a match loss on my decision to scoop.

The answer is in this awkward point of no, one can scoop whenever and victory dragon never attacked... but at the same time, thats not in very good spirit maybe a judge would rule it as a match loss. But you don't /know/ the player with the victory dragon wouldve attacked. maybe they feared Dprison or something. It makes extremely grey zone rulings that just feel terrible for everyone involved. Especially with it just being the strictly correct choice to scoop when you realize Victory Dragon will kill you.

It's in an awkward position of rule it so scooping is illegal which is just weird and should not be a thing, or rule it such that victory dragon becomes useless
Nyataria

Contribution : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:17 pm

im gonna reply out of boredom since exodia has nvr had homework

Monsters
Spoiler:
Stratos - Banned to move up more hero support, would have broken the game at the time of the move but not so much now.
DMOC - simply put this card was too powerful for its era and would be too weak now.
Disc Commander - Read its effect and remember Kinka-Byo exists
Mind Master - Give me this back pls so I can OTK you in 1 second for no reason
Magical Scientist - NOT EVEN ONCE PER TURN GG. When it was banned it was used to make things for tribute fodder, to swarm the field to diddle, ect.
Sangan - there is no valid reason for this ban
Tribe-Infecting Virus - I also see no reason for its ban, playing Goat this card is okay at 1 but I guess when the nerfstorm came to kill the deck this was also apart of it.
TER - Effect was ridiculously overpowered back in slow era, now is very weak.
Victory Dragon - Prize Cards by default are always banned. That is the main reason.

Spells
Spoiler:
Dimension Fusion - SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM for otk gg
Super Rejuve - Literally the stupidest ban ever. Literally could not do **** after the Dragons were hit the first time.
Last Will - Had a broken concept back in the day and could keep up field advantage but today is not that bad.
Mirage of Autow- Nighmare - Dark Worlds. Activate MST on itself, ect.. gg.

Traps
Spoiler:
Trap Dustshoot -  Open this and gain a significant advantage for no reason.

im also not working for the goal of completing your assignment but putting basic reasons

Spoiler:

www.youtube.com/user/ThoughtsEND
Thought and I have a youtube.
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content