Fiend Control

:: Dueling :: Lessons :: Deck Dome

Go down

Fiend Control

Post by Small Acacia on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:30 pm

This is the deck I've been playing around with for a while IRL. The idea of it is pretty simple - get out your fiend pals and win. The deck is fast, but it can brick pretty damn hard at times.

Monsters: 10

Majesty's Fiend x3
Vanity's Fiend x3
Spell Striker x3
Battle Fader x1

Spells: 27

Chicken game x3
Upstart Goblin x3
Pot Of Duality x3
Terraforming x3
March Of The Monarchs x3
The Monarchs Stormforth x3
Psuedo Space x2
Reinforcement Of The army x2
Moon Mirror Shield x2
Mausoleum Of The Emperor x1
One Day Of Peace x1
Raigeki x1

Traps: 3

Reckless Greed x2
Royal Decree x1

Tech zone:

The classic, the living legend. I don't run Jinzo in the main deck, but I might throw him into the side just because it's god damned Jinzo.

I recommend running 0-1 Main decked Jinzos

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard. This card can attack your opponent directly. You take no battle damage from attacks involving this card.

This guy is pretty much a no brainer. I run tribute monsters that can't be special summoned, and I have 27 spells in the deck and gives me an excuse to run RoTA to lower my deck count. His effect isn't too bad late game too.

I recommend running 2-3 Spell Striker.

When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then end the Battle Phase. If Summoned this way, banish it when it leaves the field.

I've been fiddling with this guy at 1-3 for a while, and I feel like he's in a good spot at 1 in the main deck and if I'm playing against something that I reeeeaally fear being otked by I put 2 in the side. I don't need him at 3 just because I have essentially 5 Spell Strikers and I have the 3 Stormforths to **** over my opponent.

I recommend running 1 Battle Fader, but 2-3 isn't terrible either.

During either player's Battle Step: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, gain 1000 LP. You can only use this effect of "Juragedo" once per turn. During either player's turn: You can Tribute this card, then target 1 face-up monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK until the end of the next turn.

I love this guy. A fantastic card that is very splashable, and I've had people ask me why I don't run him in this deck and I just feel like he doesn't have a place here. Late game I won't be able to use him because of my Fiends, and I don't need the 1000 damage to run over boss monsters because Moon Mirror Shield does it for me. And he probably won't even survive till my turn as well.

I recommend running 0 Juragedo, but he's something to play around with.

Target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the end of this turn, that target loses 800 ATK, but is unaffected by the effects of other Spell/Trap Cards.

In tribute summon decks this card has always been a good card to run, and I was running it before. However with the 3x March Of the Monarchs, 2x Moon Mirror Shields and Royal Decree I would always draw it and never have a use for it. It was always dead. I took these out for Reckless Greeds which I am also looking to replace because the deck wants early game draw power, but I feel they are a better filler at the moment than Lance.

I recommend running 0 Forbidden Lance, but 1-2 aren't terrible as well.

Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or your opponent's Battle Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Tribute Summon 1 monster.

I like this card a lot. I might throw it in at 1 because it works so well with The Monarchs Stormforth. Currently nobody at my locals as one for trade so I haven't tested it out, but I feel like I could drop a Reckless Greed for one. A definite card to look into when the new Monarch support comes out.

I recommend running 0-1 Escalation Of The Monarchs.

Draw 2 cards and skip your next 2 Draw Phases.

Currently being ran at 2 but I'm not sure how I feel about it. The two card draw is great, and I have other cards to keep giving me resources while I wait for the two turns of no drawing to end, but I don't like the fact that I have to wait a turn on it. It's definitely great to sit on for MSTs, making them choose between Moon Mirror, March and a facedown set card.

I recommend running 0-3 Reckless Greed.
Small Acacia
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 58
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: Fiend Control

Post by The Very Ugly Duckling on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:19 pm

I feel like this is a great concept-- in theory and in practice. A main issue at hand, however, is it's lack of s/t defense. I personally run x3 fairy wind in my side-deck for the current meta. I dare not think what kind of impact that could have on you. But that is just one of the many possibilities for a deck that has lackluster s/t defense.

Stalwart is your synergy, though. Ironic that it's this very synergy which both weakens and strengthens your deck. Note that this synergy is caused largely by your heavy draw power. As I stated, this draw power comes at a cost-- almost 1/4 of your deck is there simply to draw. We've discussed this briefly but I would highly recommend taking out reckless greed in favor for something else. Whilst on the topic of dismembering your deck, I'd also like to suggest you do something about that one royal decree. Royal decree is pretty 'meh' to begin with. Mayhap it be best ran at 3 or nothing? This of course may attain to more dead draws, but I'd say that's better then the occasional luck. If not that then, which I would move for, remove those three all together and find suitable replacement... Apart from that I'm a little iffy on spell striker. I won't go into too much detail but in some cases I most definitely can see it affecting your synergy and leading to dead draws.

In terms of ability to win: I would say this deck would go unmatched by some and short lived by others. Abyss for example would be potent sense most of their effects resolve in a place where you wouldn't be able to stop them. That mixed with their large array of s/t support it'd be hard pressed to contend with this deck... I digress, you have not made your side known but with a proper one I imagine this deck could be taken to further heights. Moreover I look forward to you posting it. Also please keep us updated on any other changes you decide to make. This is a great deck and I'd like to keep tabs on it if not only for myself. X:

~The Duck

Best card ever: Made by Creepy:
The Very Ugly Duckling

Contribution : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Acacia on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:36 pm

The Duck wrote:I feel like this is a great concept-- in theory and in practice. A main issue at hand, however, is it's lack of s/t defense. I personally run x3 fairy wind in my side-deck for the current meta. I dare not think what kind of impact that could have on you. But that is just one of the many possibilities for a deck that has lackluster s/t defense.

Stalwart is your synergy, though. Ironic that it's this very synergy which both weakens and strengthens your deck. Note that this synergy is caused largely by your heavy draw power. As I stated, this draw power comes at a cost-- almost 1/4 of your deck is there simply to draw. We've discussed this briefly but I would highly recommend taking out reckless greed in favor for something else. Whilst on the topic of dismembering your deck, I'd also like to suggest you do something about that one royal decree. Royal decree is pretty 'meh' to begin with. Mayhap it be best ran at 3 or nothing? This of course may attain to more dead draws, but I'd say that's better then the occasional luck. If not that then, which I would move for, remove those three all together and find suitable replacement... Apart from that I'm a little iffy on spell striker. I won't go into too much detail but in some cases I most definitely can see it affecting your synergy and leading to dead draws.

In terms of ability to win: I would say this deck would go unmatched by some and short lived by others. Abyss for example would be potent sense most of their effects resolve in a place where you wouldn't be able to stop them. That mixed with their large array of s/t support it'd be hard pressed to contend with this deck... I digress, you have not made your side known but with a proper one I imagine this deck could be taken to further heights. Moreover I look forward to you posting it. Also please keep us updated on any other changes you decide to make. This is a great deck and I'd like to keep tabs on it if not only for myself. X:

~The Duck

The reason I do not run any defensive spell traps asides from possible lances, March of the Monarchs and Moon Mirror (because you're talking about stuff like bottomless etc) is because they simply slow the deck down and with the amount of draw power I have; a simple The Monarchs Stormforth (This card is becoming search-able in the next structure deck too) is all I need to do to get over boss monsters generally.

Reckless Greed: This card is only in here until I replace it. I might go back to lances, or use Escalations instead or even Cardcar Ds. It's leaving for sure though.

Royal Decree: I main the one because there is few traps that will hit me on game one, but there still are threats. Not enough threats game one to main deck three, but there is always the possibility of running inti Storming Mirror Forces, Solemn Warnings etc. I side in two more if I need them game two (usually do) and if I don't need them I'll side the one out.

Spell Striker: I love this guy in here. He's literally never dead, because if I can't summon him because I have Vanity's and Majesty on the field; I'm already winning. He's great early and late game, but is mediocre mid game. Plus he lowers my deck count (RoTa) so I can get to the stuff I need faster I do have another build I was thinking of that does not include Striker but rather Caius' and Soul Exchanges on top of the Monarchs Stormforth (I still need to test this deck though)
Small Acacia
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Dueling :: Lessons :: Deck Dome

Permissions in this forum: