Seadragons of Draconia x2
Mermail Abyssmegalo x2
Deep Sea Diva x1

Spells: 11

Moray Of Greed x3
Painful Decision x3
Pendulum Call x3
Instant Fusion x2

Alright so I did a lazy post before but I'm gonna update this with the actual thoughts behind the deck.

So the first thing people are going to notice is that I am running 43 cards instead of the holy number 40. I'm running 43 because I do not want to draw Genex Controller in my opening hand (reasons I'll touch on later on), the deck space is tight seeing as I am running multiple clunky engines, but most of the cards in this deck are in fact searchable by other cards AND all of the little engines I am running fuel my other engines.

Engine 1: Pendulums

Once per turn, if you have a "Magician" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can discard 1 Pendulum Monster, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy

Dragonpit Magician is great in this deck because his Pendulum scale is high enough to Pendulum summon any monster in the deck (looking at you Megalo, high leveled mother fker) he is searchable by Pendulum Call, is a water for Moray Of Greed and any Mermail effects, and lastly his effect is strong enough on its own.

I strongly recommend running Dragonpit at 3, due to the fact that he covers so much ground in card synergy. Running any less than 3 can end up to your Pendulum Call being dead late game (If you do not have enough targets for Pendulum Call in deck, you have a dead card in hand)

Once per turn, if you have a "Magician" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can discard 1 Pendulum Monster, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; destroy it.

Dragonpulse is used here to make your Pendulum Calls live and for his scale. His effect is strong as well (Discarding say Vector Pendulum to destroy their monster, now that Vector is in your Graveyard, any Masked Chameleons in hand/deck are now live) Since his scale is 1 you can use him to Pendulum Summon any level 3s in your hand/extra (unlike Vector Pendulum) Dragonpulse is searchable by Pendulum Call and Painful Decision

I run only 2 Dragonpulse because he is already searchable by two cards and he doesn't have any specific card synergy. Running 1 Dragonpulse is extremely risky because it makes your Pendulum Calls pretty much automatically dead and running 3 makes you draw them too often. However you can consider running 3 Dragonpulse and only 2 Vector Pendulums, but I feel this is redundant because Heavy Infantry has the sameish effect of Dragonpulse, but even better.

Negate all card effects in your opponent's Pendulum Zones.

Vector's effect is pretty good, but his scale isn't the best due to the high amount of level 3s I run in the deck. Generally Vector is used with the two cards Painful Decision and Masked Chameleon. Using Painful Decision to send Vector to the Grave and then adding another Vector to hand, ensures you that you have a target for Masked Chameleon in both your hand and your Graveyard. Him being level 4 and decent attack is good as well. Is searchable by Painful Decision

I run 3 Vectors, but as stated above you can try him at 2.

When a monster is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Normal Monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Sea Dragoons of Draconia" once per turn.

His effect is alright, can bring in some extra damage if you already used up your normal summon and have a Normal monster in hand, but generally never see his effect in play. I run Draconia because it's a level 3 water normal pendulum monster. Level 3 is great because I can use it to synchro off of, water is even better because I can use it to get effects such as Undine, Megalo, Pike, Moray Of Greed etc off and normal pendulum means I can search it with Painful Decision to have a scale ready. His scale is pretty damn good at 7 meaning he can Pendulum Summon any monster in the decklist minus Megalo (who can already special summon itself so that's fine)

I run 2 of Draconia and I recommend no more and no less. 1 means he is no longer a target for Painful Decision and 3 you'll just be drawing it when you don't want too.

Discard 1 card; add 2 "Magician" Pendulum Monsters with different names from your Deck to your hand, also, until the end of your opponent's next turn after this card resolves, "Magician" cards in your Pendulum Zones cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can only activate 1 "Pendulum Call" per turn. You cannot activate this card if you activated a "Magician" monster's Pendulum Effect this turn.

For some reason there is no English picture out yet. This card is great. I can use it to discard any "dead" card in my hand and replace it with Dragonpulse and Dragonpit. I generally discard either Vector Pendulum (searchable) to later be used with Masked Chameleon or Geneux Undine (also searchable). My Magicians not being able to be destroyed by card effects until the end of my opponents next turn means they cannot stop my Pendulum Summon plays, not can they use Wavering Eyes to steal game control from me. Since I have a high deck count, thinning the deck by two is also very welcome.

I play 3 Pendulum Calls. Anything less than 3 is just stupid.

Send 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, add 1 card with the same name as that card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Painful Decision" per turn.

This card sets up so many plays it's not even funny. This card can bring you clutch scales when you need them, set up your graveyard by dumping Vector for Masked Chameleon, bringing you Draconia to hand if you need a water to use X card effect. This card is never dead, ever. It has 7 targets, so even if say I already have a Dragonpulse in hand, so I cannot use Painful Decision to search another (I run only 2 Dragonpulse) I can still use it on Vector or Draconia.

I run 3 Painful Decisions. I can't see why somebody would want to run any less than that in this deck.

Cannot be Normal Summoned if you control a Level 5 or higher monster. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 monster with 0 DEF in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated. You cannot Special Summon any other monsters, except from the Extra Deck, during the turn you activate this effect.

This card isn't a Pendulum, but I didn't have another place to put it so I'm going to dump it here. Masked Chameleon has two targets in this deck, Vector Pendulum and Dragoons, and both are very very easy to dump into the Graveyard. Masked Chameleon with Dragoons is broken because it's an automatic +1 to your card advantage, because if Dragoons is sent to the Graveyard to activate a Water monsters effect you can add a Sea Serpent to your hand from your deck, and I'll touch more on that when I get to the Dragoons review. Masked Chameleon is also searchable by the XYZ Monster King Of Feral Imps.

I run 2 of Masked Chameleon. In other decks running Vector Pendulum as an engine you can get away with 1, but since he is so stupidly strong with Dragoons I have him at 2.

Engine 2: The Genex

This is only a two card engine that uses water monsters from your deck (lolwtfbroken) to fuel it.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 WATER monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 "Genex Controller" from your Deck to your hand.

This card is inherently a +2 when used to send Dragoons (add Genex Controller with Undine, add a Sea Dragon with Dragoons) Yugioh loves to go either even or at least a +1 in card advantage, but if I can +2 off of a card without having to do anything that's broken. I can also send Marksman to get rid of suspicious set cards, or Heavy Infantry to get rid of problematic face up cards. This card is always a +1 and a -1 for my opponent, or just a +2 for me. This card has so much utility in the fact that I can use it for either getting rid of a face down card, face up card or just to add 2 cards to hand that it's ridiculous. This card is also a water to be used with Pike, Megalo, Moray and a level 3 to XYZ with.

I run 3 Genex Undine, no more, no less. No debate here.

I stated earlier that I do not want to open with this card, ever. If I open up with a copy of him that means I cannot use an effect of 1 Undine in my deck, because I have to add a Controller from my deck to my hand to use Undines effect or else it cannot resolve. Having him in hand is fine because I can use it as fodder for Pendulum Call or I can just summon it to use as generally a Synchro material, but other than that this card has no other uses in the deck.

I recommend running 2 Controllers, because running 3 means you will be drawing it more often and running 1 means if you do draw it, all of your Undines lose their utility.

Engine 3: Atlanteans. I was going to put this as just the general water support but I wanted to separate it for some reason I don't know.

This card is stupid. There are so many ways to get this card on the field without even using a card to get it makes it a plus one most of the time. You can send this card to the Graveyard with Neptabyss, Undine and +2 off of it, bring it back from the Graveyard with either Norden or Masked Chameleon, XYZ a Water monster using Masked Chameleon/Norden and use their effect to detach Dragoons; once again activating his effect to add another Sea Serpent. This card searches your Deap Sea Diva, your Marksman for that OTK, Neptabyss if you don't have a Diva prepared to abuse Dragoons again, your Megalo for even more OTKs. This card can grab you pretty much what you need when you need it, and it's recyclable. I've started turns with 5 cards in hand/field and ended up with 11 cards in my hand/field. This card is broken.

I run Dragoons at 2 because Konami hit it to 2 on the banlist many moons ago, because it's that broken.

During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

I don't generally use his effect to normal summon another Sea Serpent because the time doesn't generally come up too often that I need too, but you can combo off of it for sure so the effect isn't bad and has no negative restrictions (you can Pendulum summon him with Dragonpulse on field, so you don't use up your normal summon, allowing you to normal summon say a non-Sea Serpent and then using his effect to Normal Summon a Sea Serpent), but his real strength here is that he is abusable from the deck by Neptabyss and Undine, to remove any probelmatic face-up cards, abusable from the hand or field with Megalo and he is searchable by both Neptabyss and Dragoons.

I run 2 Heavy Marksman, I've been thinking about siding a 3rd one in case I find I need him more than a 2nd Marksman.

When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Atlantean" Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck, except "Atlantean Marksman". When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 Set card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

This card is great, he brings huge damage to the board with his effect in the Battlephase, and he protects from suspicious backrow or set monsters. The amount of times I've OTKed with this card is ridiculous. Having him and an Abyss Dweller or two on the field just puts out so much damage it's crazy. He's searchable by Dragoons and Neptabyss, and can be used from the deck for safe scouting by Undine and Npetabyss.

I run 2 Marksman and have been considering 3, but every time I try to justify adding an extra the cons outweigh the pros.

You can send 1 "Atlantean" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, except "Neptabyss the Atlantean Prince"; add 1 "Atlantean" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Neptabyss the Atlantean Prince". If this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 "Atlantean" monster in your Graveyard, except "Neptabyss the Atlantean Prince"; Special Summon it. You can only use each effect of "Neptabyss the Atlantean Prince" once per turn.

The amount of combos with this card is insane. This is basically another Genex Undine in the sense that I can use my monsters from the deck to trigger its effect, so all the theory behind Undine fits in here as well, except that I am not restricted by Controllers Position. His second effect brings out a lot of OTK potential as well. I can send him from the hand with Pike to search, or to Summon Megalo or I can tribute him from the field with Megalo so Megalo can attack twice, thus triggering his effect to Special Summon an Atlantean from the Graveyard (which is already there from his first effect)

I run 3 Neptabyss and I could see playing 2, but just the amount of sheer pressure this card allows me to put forward I run it at 3.

Engine 4. Mermails/water

I'm just going to mix these together because they don't really need a separate discussion.

You can discard 2 other WATER monsters to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. When you do: You can add 1 "Abyss-" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can Tribute 1 other face-up Attack Position WATER monster; this card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase that turn.

The old boy, the legend. This card was the poster child for Mermails and just Water decks in general back in the day. His effect is great because I can trigger Atlantean effects from the hand and the field (thus freeing up room for larger monsters). His effect allows him to put a potential 4800 damage on board just by himself, and by using his effect to tribute a Water monster I can clear out cards on the opponent's field (Heavy Infantry, Marksman) or to go for more damage by tributing Neptabyss to bring say a Marksman or Dragoons from my Graveyard. Is searchable with Dragoons.

I only run 2 Megalo, because 3 is unnecessary (drawing him with no way to get him out, like no scales or not enough waters) will make you clog, and only 1-2 on the field is enough to pressure for an OTK or big damage it's fine. I could see playing only 1 and replacing the 2nd with something else, but I'm feeling the 2 for now.

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 WATER monster to the Graveyard; add 1 Level 3 WATER monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Mermail Abysspike" once per turn.

Pike is good because I can use him to trigger X Atlantean card, and to add an Undine, Draconia (if I need the scale) or Marksman. So he's either a 1 for 1 and -1 for my Opponent or a +1 for me and -1 for them. He gets his effect if he is Pendulum Summoned, so I can use his effect to add Undine to hand and then Normal Summon that, giving me a potential +3 if I send Dragoons with Pike and Undine, or even a +1 for me and a -2 for my Opponent depending on what I send.

I run 3 Pike because his effect is very useful, he's a level 4 so I can make strong XYZ plays with him and he's a Water. The only plus this card could have was if it was a Sea Serpent.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck.

Diva is fantastic, even though you can only run 1 of her because thanks Konami. She sets off many plays you can summon her, special Marksman and then use Marksman's effect to Normal Summon a Sea Serpent from hand again. She makes very easy rank 7 or even 8 Synchros. The most common play I use with her is to Summon Neptabyss from deck --> Neptabyss send Dragoons to add Heavy Infantry/Marksman and Dragoons to add Megalo from deck to hand (this is an inherent +3 play) --> Summon Megalo through his effect or Pendulum --> tribute Neptabyss so Megalo can attack twice --> Neptabyss effect triggers summoning Marksman/Marksman allowing from other plays based on what you need.

Shuffle 2 WATER monsters from your hand into the Deck, then draw 3 cards.

This card is a 1 for 1, I don't lose anything from activating it nor do I gain anything. Every water card in this deck is Searchable so this card is live quite a lot. The usage here is to get rid of waters I don't need at the time (Multiple copies of a card per se). It's only usage is really shooting for a better hand. The amount you draw from it generally makes it so you get something useful off of it.

I run 3 Morays but am considering running it at 2 because it is a -1 on my deck space, so if I were to compare it to Upstart Goblin you wouldn't run it because having over 40 cards and Upstart Goblin is redundant HOWEVER the amount you draw and the ability to get rid of useless scales (Dragonpit, Draconia) or unneeded cards at the time while grabbing 3 cards makes it worth it IMO.

This is just the main decked cards. If anybody wants me to go in depth about my extra deck and side deck choices I would gladly go over them.

Last edited by Small Acacia on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Small Acacia
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 58
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Re: It's ya boy with his Water Pends

Post by Nyataria on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:45 pm

Ew thats 41 cards. Ewwwww

"There's no point putting priority on my fallback."
Nyataria

Contribution : 104